Like, follow and share
As a non-profit charitable organization, we are in the process of securing operational funds in order to share our values with the community. Funding supports content creation and storytelling, cost of labor, website development, and equipment costs. Eventually, funds will also be used to support resident artists, writers, performers and thinkers. Midstory is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations to Midstory are deductible for federal income tax purposes according to the standards set out by the Internal Revenue Service.
Make a pledge through cash or check by completing our Charitable Pledge Agreement. All checks should be made out to “Midstory” and can be sent to the following address:
P.O. Box #351341
Toledo, OH 43635
Support our city, our youth and our identity
Your contributions provide opportunities for Toledo, its young people, and our identity to grow. You will also receive special benefits as a special thank-you for your support!
How can I contribute?
Midstory is a collaborative, community-based organization. We believe your story is powerful and you can help us tell it. Here are some ways you can get involved:
CREATE. Midstory encourages submissions of freelance media or written work, creative ideas, series pitches, and much more. For a submission to be considered, it must further the nonprofit mission of Midstory to curate and uplift stories of culture, arts, history, and technology toward the creation of and reflection upon our Midwestern and American identity. To submit content or ask questions, please email [email protected]
Below are some, but not all, of the types of material we accept:
- Written features, profiles, and stories
- Individual photos or photo essays
- Short film, either fiction or narrative non-fiction
- Soundscapes and other audio
- Short stories
- Curated and cited historical or archival research
- Any creative idea, especially involving multimedia production or project initiatives!
SUBMIT. Midstory also hosts annual poetry, fiction, film, and media contests throughout the year. Stay tuned for submission guidelines and dates!
INTERN. If you are interested in our high school, college, and post-grad internship programs (summer and fall/spring semesters), please email [email protected] for more information on our rolling deadlines and application requirements. Midstory takes an interdisciplinary approach to creative storytelling and problem-solving, so students of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Experience with media-editing and software is a plus.
How can my organization be a community partner?
As a local thinkhub, Midstory thrives on collaboration with other local and national nonprofit organizations.
MUTUAL BENEFIT. Midstory’s unique educational community services depends upon the stories that already exist here in this region; Midstory seeks out collaborative projects to tell stories that fulfill overlaps in our missions.
LOCAL SUPPORT. Supporting local collaboration is a growing trend both regionally and nationally as cities grow. Toledo in particular, as a “big small town” depends upon its network of organizations and people to progress.
HIGH-QUALITY EXPOSURE. Unlike typical, promotional media, Midstory’s unique, educational voice tells stories through high-quality media, projects, events, programs, and initiatives.
DIVERSE AUDIENCE. Midstory’s programming reaches both local and national audiences because it speaks to both local issues and the larger regional and national trends they reflect and influence. In this Internet age, Midstory reaches such a wide range of people by using popular, wide-reaching platforms like short films, podcasts, graphics, social media and more, all accessible on our ever-present phones and laptops.
If you are interested in partnering or would like to discuss new opportunities and ideas, contact us at [email protected].
How can my business support Midstory?
Midstory connects local businesses with our local and national community with a specific educational and thoughtful lens. We can work with yours to highlight stories, events, and trends relevant to our community. For specific media, projects, events, programs, and initiatives, there are opportunities for sponsorship and underwriting.
Why should I underwrite or sponsor?
As a local thinkhub, Midstory aims to both uncover our unique Toledo and Midwestern story and weave it into the national narrative for the purpose of cultural education and the solidification of our regional identity.
- LOCAL SUPPORT. Supporting local is a growing trend both regionally and nationally as businesses take an active role in shaping their public persona and supporting the social infrastructure on which they’re built.
- HIGH QUALITY EXPOSURE. Unlike typical, promotional media, Midstory’s unique, educational voice tells stories through high-quality media, projects, events, programs, and initiatives.
- DRAWING YOUNG TALENT. All local businesses depend on local workforce, community support, and city image; Midstory creates with the aim of reversing brain drain, drawing young talent into the city, and putting Toledo on the national and even international map.
- DIVERSE AUDIENCE. Midstory’s programming reaches both local and national audiences because it speaks to both local issues and the larger regional and national trends they reflect and influence. In this Internet age, Midstory reaches such a wide range of people by using popular, wide-reaching platforms like short films, podcasts, graphics, social media and more, all accessible on our ever-present phones and laptops.
You can associate your brand with high-quality perspectives on local and national conversations—on culture, art, the environment, science, technology, and more.
If you are interested in sponsoring or underwriting an existing program or would like to discuss new opportunities and ideas, contact us at [email protected]